Classic Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 10 Minutes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 550 mL
- 1 tsp baking soda 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1 cup butter, softened 250 mL
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar 175 mL
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar 175 mL
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5 mL
- 2 eggs 2
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips 250 mL
- 1 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips 250 mL
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional) 250 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Stir flour with baking soda and salt. Beat butter with granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in milk chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and nuts (if using). Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake (in batches) for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool slightly; transfer to a rack and cool completely.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
• Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookie: Add 1/3 cup (75 mL) HERSHEY'S Cocoa to the flour mixture.