Chocolate Covered Almond Apricot Tassies
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 60 wafers, crushed) 500 mL
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds 250 mL
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa 75 mL
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) 300 mL
- 1 1/3 cups chopped dried apricots (about 8 oz/250 g) 325 mL
- 1/2 cup chopped candied cherries 125 mL
- 1/4 tsp almond extract 1 mL
- 1 2/3 cups HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips 270 g
- 4 tsp shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) 20 mL
- 1. Line small muffin cups (1-3/4 inches/4.5 cm in diameter) with paper baking cups.
2. Combine crumbs, almonds and cocoa in large bowl. Add sweetened condensed milk, apricots, cherries and almond extract; mix well. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Roll mixture into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls; press into prepared muffin cups.
3. Place milk chocolate chips and shortening in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) 1-1/2 minutes; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred. Spoon 1 tsp (5 mL) melted chocolate over each filled cup. Refrigerate until chocolate is set. Store, covered, in refrigerator.
Makes about 6 dozen candies.