Chocolate Almond Fudge
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 22 Minutes
- 4 cups sugar 1 L
- 1 jar marshmallow creme (7.5 oz) 213 g
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk 375 mL
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine 15 mL
- 2 cups HERSHEY'S Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips 500 mL
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips 75 mL
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5 mL
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped* (optional) 50 mL
- 1. Line 9-inch (23 x 23 cm) square pan or 13x9x2-inch (33 cm x 23 cm x 5 cm) pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
2. Stir together sugar, marshmallow crème, evaporated milk and butter in heavy 4-quart (4 L) saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to full rolling boil; boil, stirring constantly, 7 minutes. Remove from heat; immediately add chocolate chips, stirring until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla and almonds, if desired.
3. Pour mixture into prepared pan; cool until firm. Use foil to lift fudge from pan; peel off foil. Cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) squares. Store in tightly covered container.
Makes about 5 dozen pieces or about 4 pounds (2 kg).
•To toast almonds: Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spread almonds in thin layer in shallow baking pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown; cool. NOTE: For best results, do not double this recipe.