Chilly Chocolate Truffle Cake
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs 300 mL
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar 30 mL
- 1/3 cup butter, melted 75 mL
- 1 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips 250 mL
- 3 cups whipping cream (35%), divided 750 mL
- 1 2/3 cups CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips 270 g
- WHIPPED TOPPING (recipe follows)
- 1. CRUST: In medium bowl mix together chocolate wafer crumbs, sugar and melted butter ingredients for crust. Press evenly in bottom of greased 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan. Chill while preparing filling.
2. FILLING: In medium saucepan over low heat, melt semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips and 1 cup (250 mL) of the whipping cream, stirring until smooth. Let cool slightly.
3. Beat remaining 2 cups (500 mL) whipping cream to stiff peaks. Fold into chocolate mixture. Spread over crust. Chill until firm, 1 1/2 hours or overnight. Spread with WHIPPED TOPPING; chill until served.
Makes about 12 servings.
Beat 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream and 3 tbsp (45 mL) icing sugar to stiff peaks. Spread over filling. If desired, melt an additional 1/4 cup (50 mL) CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips; let cool slightly. Drizzle over whipped cream.