Cashew and Macadamia Crunch
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 2 cups HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips 500 mL
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped salted or unsalted cashews 175 mL
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped salted or unsalted macadamia nuts 175 mL
- 1/2 cup butter, softened 125 mL
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 125 mL
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup 30 mL
- 1. Line a 9-inch (2.5 L) square baking pan with buttered foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Cover bottom of pan with chocolate chips.
2. Combine cashews, macadamia nuts, butter, sugar and corn syrup in a large heavy skillet set over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Increase heat to medium. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to cling together and turns golden brown.
3. Pour mixture over chocolate chips in pan, spreading evenly; cool. Chill until chocolate is firm. Remove from pan; peel off foil. Break into pieces. Store, tightly covered, in a cool, dry place.
Makes about 1 1/2 lb (750 g) candy.