ICE BREAKERS "CHEW YOUR ADVENTURE" SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES ONLY OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES RESIDING IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 17, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on August 23, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period includes 14 weekly entry periods (each a “Weekly Entry Period” and collectively, “Weekly Entry Periods”), a grand prize entry period (“Grand Prize Entry Period”), and a first prize entry period (“First Prize Entry Period”) as set forth in the chart below.
|Entry Period||Start Date (12:00:01 AM ET except on May 17, 2019)||End Date (11:59:59 PM ET)||Approximate Drawing Date|
|Week 1||May 17, 2019||May 23, 2019||May 24, 2019|
|Week 2||May 24, 2019||May 30, 2019||May 31, 2019|
|Week 3||May 31, 2019||June 6, 2019||June 7, 2019|
|Week 4||June 7, 2019||June 13, 2019||June 14, 2019|
|Week 5||June 14, 2019||June 20, 2019||June 21, 2019|
|Week 6||June 21, 2019||June 27, 2019||June 28, 2019|
|Week 7||June 28, 2019||July 4, 2019||July 5, 2019|
|Week 8||July 5, 2019||July 11, 2019||July 12, 2019|
|Week 9||July 12, 2019||July 18, 2019||July 19, 2019|
|Week 10||July 19, 2019||July 25, 2019||July 26, 2019|
|Week 11||July 26, 2019||August 1, 2019||August 2, 2019|
|Week 12||August 2, 2019||August 8, 2019||August 9, 2019|
|Week 13||August 9, 2019||August 15, 2019||August 16, 2019|
|Week 14||August 16, 2019||August 23, 2019||August 26, 2019|
|Grand Prize||May 17, 2019||August 23, 2019||August 26, 2019|
|First Prize||May 17, 2019||August 23, 2019||August 26, 2019|
Entries must be received prior to the end date/time for the applicable Weekly Entry Period in order to be eligible for that weekly drawing (“Weekly Drawing”) and, once entered, non-winning entries carryover and will be eligible for all subsequent Weekly Drawings going forward. For the Weekly Drawings and the First Prize Drawing, the prizes are awarded based upon the method of entry used to enter the Sweepstakes, with prizes awarded to entries from the Instagram Pool (defined below) and to entries from the Twitter Pool (defined below). There will also be 1 grand prize winner selected from among all eligible entries received during the entire Sweepstakes Period. There will be 14 first prize winners selected from among all eligible entries received during the entire Sweepstakes Period, with 7 first prize winners from the Instagram Pool and 7 first prize winners from the Twitter Pool. For the prizes awarded for each Weekly Drawing, the prize winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received in either the Instagram Pool or Twitter Pool from the beginning of the Sweepstakes Period through the end of the applicable Weekly Entry Period.
2. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN SWEEPSTAKES. There are 2 methods of entry for this Sweepstakes:
(a) INSTAGRAM: During the Sweepstakes Period, log into your Instagram account (or create a free account if you do not already have one), and visit the Ice Breakers Instagram page at https://www.instagram.com/icebreakers (the “Website”) or access the Website through the Instagram App on your mobile device. Then “FOLLOW” the Ice Breakers brand on Instagram (@IceBreakers), post a photo (“Photo”) of yourself with an Ice Breakers product (including an Ice Breakers product in the Photo is optional) including the hashtags “#ChewYourAdventure” and “#Sweepstakes” and include @IceBreakers to receive 1 Entry into the Instagram pool (“Instagram Pool”) for the respective Weekly Entry Period (an “Entry”). An Entry into the Instagram Pool is only eligible for prizes to be awarded to Entries in the Instagram Pool and for the Grand Prize. Your Entry must include the required hashtags to be eligible. Limit 1 Entry per person/Instagram account per day during the Sweepstakes Period via this entry method. Entry content will not be judged.
(b) TWITTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, log into your Twitter account (or create a free account if you do not already have one), and visit the Ice Breakers Twitter page at https://www.twitter.com/icebreakersmint (also the “Website”) or access the Website through the Twitter App on your mobile device. Then “FOLLOW” the Ice Breakers brand on Twitter (@IceBreakersMint), tweet a photo (“Photo”) of yourself with an Ice Breakers product (including an Ice Breakers product in the Photo is optional) including the hashtags “#ChewYourAdventure” and “#Sweepstakes” to receive 1 Entry into the Twitter pool (“Twitter Pool”) for the respective Weekly Entry Period (also, an “Entry”). An Entry into the Twitter Pool is only eligible for prizes to be awarded to Entries in the Twitter Pool and for the Grand Prize. Your Entry must include the required hashtags to be eligible. Limit 1 Entry per person/Twitter account per day during the Sweepstakes Period via this entry method. Entry content will not be judged.
IMPORTANT: MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY IF AN ENTRANT ENTERS THIS SWEEPSTAKES ON HIS/HER MOBILE DEVICE. NOT ALL MOBILE TELEPHONE/WIRELESS PROVIDERS CARRY THE SERVICE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. ENTRANTS SHOULD CONSULT THEIR WIRELESS PROVIDER'S PRICING PLANS. MOBILE ENTRY IS NOT REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
LIMIT: There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person per platform per day during the Sweepstakes Period. If an entrant enters more than one (1) time per platform per day, only the first Entry for such day will be included in the Sweepstakes. Entries must be received by no later than 11:59:59 p.m. ET on the end date of the Weekly Entry Period (as set forth in the Chart above) during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible to win aprize (as described in Rule #3) for that Weekly Drawing based on the method of entry used for the Entry, with weekly prizes awarded to winners from the Instagram Pool and the Twitter Pool, and all subsequent Weekly Drawings. All Entries submitted during the Sweepstakes Period (regardless of whether in the Instagram Pool or Twitter Pool) will be eligible for the Grand Prize Drawing and all Entries submitted during the Sweepstakes Period also will be eligible for the First Prize Drawing, with eligibility for the First Prize Drawing based on the method of entry used for the Entry, with 7 first prize winners from the Instagram Pool and 7 first prize winners from the Twitter Pool.
3. ENTRY AND PHOTO REQUIREMENTS: BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, INCLUDING PHOTO, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor and its agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, license and right to publish, use, publicly perform the Entry, including Photo, in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not, monitor/screen Entries prior to posting them to Website. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post an Entry you submit. Entry:
b. must be uploaded in the format specified, if any, and must comply with the posting requirements set forth above and as posted on the Website;
c. cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
d. cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
e. cannot be obscene or offensive, or endorse any form of hate or hate group;
f. cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies;
g. cannot infringe trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses;
h. cannot infringe copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other work of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; Sponsor does not permit the infringement of others’ rights and any use of materials not original to the entrant (except copyrighted materials owned by Sponsor) is grounds for disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Do not copy your favorite movie, book, or photograph or include materials, images, graphics, music or trademarks belonging to any third parties or incorporate the names, voices, likeness or personas of any party other than yourself unless you have obtained all rights necessary to permit you to use same in connection with your Entry and grant the rights herein granted to Sponsor;
i. cannot contain any background artwork unless it is an original work of the entrant. Any artwork, murals, etc. that can be seen in Entries must be created solely by the entrant or entrant must be the sole owner of all copyright interest therein;
j. cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission;
k. cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and
l. cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
ENTRIES POSTED TO THE WEBSITE WERE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligations to entrant. Sponsor reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, to waive the Sweepstakes Entry Requirements set forth herein and during or upon completion of the Sweepstakes Entry Period, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her Entry which fails to comply with the Sweepstakes Entry Requirements prior to winner selection. By submitting your Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, that Sponsor is free to disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the Entry without any additional compensation to entrant, and that Entry conforms to the Entry Requirements set forth herein. Entrant acknowledges that, by acceptance of an Entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than the entrant. By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that the Entry: (i) is your original work; (ii) has not been previously published; (iii) has not won previous awards; (iv) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (v) that you have obtained permission from a person whose name, likeness or voice is used in the Entry and (vi) that the publication of the Entry via various media including web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor, Promotion Parties, Twitter, Inc. and Instagram, Inc. (“Releasees”) from any claims to the contrary. Any entrant whose work includes the likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such Entry, upon request, prior to award of prize.
4. PRIZES: 1 Grand Prize. There will be 1 grand prize (“Grand Prize”) available in this Sweepstakes. The Grand Prize consists of $10,000 awarded to the Grand Prize winner in the form of a check. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $10,000. 14 First Prizes. There will be 14 first prizes (each a “First Prize” and collectively, “First Prizes”) available in this Sweepstakes, with 7 First Prizes for the Instagram Pool and 7 First Prizes for the Twitter Pool. Each First Prize consists of a 21-liter Ice Breakers branded cooler. The ARV of each First Prize is $160. 280 Second Prizes. There will be 280 second prizes (each a “Second Prize” and collectively, “Second Prizes”) available in this Sweepstakes, with 20 Second Prizes awarded per Weekly Entry Period, 3 for the Instagram Pool and 17 for the Twitter Pool. Each Second Prize consists of an Ice Breakers branded nylon/fleece blanket. The ARV of each Second Prize is $17.95. 280 Third Prizes. There will be 280 third prizes (each a “Third Prize” and collectively, “Third Prizes”) available in this Sweepstakes, with 20 Third Prizes awarded per Weekly Entry Period, 3 for the Instagram Pool and 17 for the Twitter Pool. Each Third Prize consists of an Ice Breakers branded tumbler. The ARV of each Third Prize is $11.50. 840 Fourth Prizes. There will be 840 fourth prizes (each a “Fourth Prize” and collectively, “Fourth Prizes”) available in this Sweepstakes, with 60 Fourth Prizes awarded per Weekly Entry Period, 3 for the Instagram Pool and 57 for the Twitter Pool. Each Fourth Prize consists of a voucher for 1 free Ice Breakers Ice Cubes 40-count Bottle Pack Gum, 3.24 oz., any flavor. The ARV of each Fourth Prize is $4.50. Total ARV of all prizes offered is $24,266. Limit 1 Grand Prize and 1 First, Second, Third or Fourth Prize per name, address and/or household. The ARV of the prizes is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to a winner must be reported for tax purposes where required by law. The difference between any stated value and actual value will not be awarded to winner. Winner acknowledges that Sponsor and Promotion Parties (defined below) have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are subject to the respective manufacturers’ terms therefore, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. Odds of winning a First Prize, Second Prize, Third Prize or Fourth Prize depend upon the number of eligible Entries received in the Instagram Pool or Twitter Pool for the First Prize Drawing and each respective Weekly Drawing and the odds of winning the Grand Prize depend upon the number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. If a prize offered becomes unavailable for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to provide an alternate prize of equal or greater value. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
5. DRAWING: A total of 280 Second Prize winners (20 per Weekly Entry Period, with 3 drawn from the Instagram Pool and 17 drawn from the Twitter Pool), 280 Third Prize winners (20 per Weekly Entry Period, with 3 drawn from the Instagram Pool and 17 drawn from the Twitter Pool), and 840 Fourth Prize winners (60 per Weekly Entry Period, with 3 drawn from the Instagram Pool and 57 drawn from the Twitter Pool) will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received from the start of the Sweepstakes Period through the end date for the Weekly Entry Period for the applicable Weekly Drawing, with the respective Weekly Drawing dates noted in the chart in Rule #1. The First Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing with 7 First Prize winners drawn from all eligible Entries received from the Instagram Pool during the Sweepstakes Period and 7 First Prize winners drawn from all eligible Entries received from the Twitter Pool during the Sweepstakes Period. The First Prize Drawing will be conducted on or about August 26, 2019. The Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received during the entire Sweepstakes Period, with the Grand Prize Drawing to be conducted on or about August 26, 2019. Drawings to be conducted by the Administrator (defined below) whose decisions are final and binding. Each winner is considered a potential winner pending verification of his/her eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
6. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open only to legal residents of the United States residing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, PrizeLogic, LLC (“Administrator”), and all of their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, printers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, (and their respective IRS dependents, immediate family members [parents, children, siblings and spouse]) and individuals residing in their same household (whether or not related) (collectively, “Sponsor and Promotion Parties”) are not eligible to participate or win.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The potential winners will be notified by a Direct Message from @IceBreakersMinton Twitter or @IceBreakers on Instagram with instructions on how to claim his/her prize. It is each winner’s responsibility to timely set account settings to accept contacts by Sponsor and to timely check their account for such messages. The potential winners must respond to the Direct Message winner notification within forty-eight (48) hours or may, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified. The potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited) and any other requested documents within five (5) calendar days from the date of attempted notification or the Grand Prize may be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate winner, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Failure to provide all required information within the stated time period may result in forfeiture of a potential winner’s right to claim his/her prize, and may result in the prize being awarded to an alternate winner, if time permits. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, is not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept a prize, or the winner notification is returned as undeliverable or the potential winner fails to respond to a winner notification within the timeframe specified in such winner notification, or if the potential winner does not answer the initial notification, the respective prize may be forfeited. Prizes include only the items specifically listed as part of each prize. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited. If a prize is forfeited for any reason, Sponsor may, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, select an alternate potential winner at random from among the remaining pool of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, time permitting. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to award or deliver a prize, the prize may not be re-awarded. If applicable, allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of prize following completion of notification process. Prizes will only be delivered to addresses within the United States.
9. CONDITIONS: All entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release Releasees from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses of any kind to persons including death or property which may be sustained directly or indirectly with the receipt, ownership, use or misuse of any prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in or traveling to or from any prize-related activity or for any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize. The winners shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize. Except for residents of Tennessee and where prohibited by law, winners grant, and agree to confirm this grant in writing if requested, to Sponsor the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter known the winner’s name, address, voice, statement, picture or other likeness, without additional review, notification or compensation, for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes as may be determined by Sponsor.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Releasees assume no responsibility for: (a) lost, illegible, late, misdirected, delayed or incomplete, Entries, posts, Tweets, comments or emails; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, garbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software or telephone malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; and (b) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes; any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of the Website. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with Entry process or operation of Sweepstakes or Website, to be acting in violation of the terms of the Website or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants’ or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading or copying materials from or use of Website. If, for any reason, Sweepstakes, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which, in sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend Sweepstakes, and determine winner from all non-suspect, eligible Entries received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. In case of dispute, the authorized account holder of the Twitter and/or Instagram account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant, and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned the particular social media account by the social media platform operator. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of social media account information, email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants and it is solely the responsibility of the entrant to notify Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her social media account, email address, mailing address and/or telephone number during the Sweepstakes Period.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Except where prohibited, by participating, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant(s) and Sponsor, shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction and that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
12. WINNER’S NAME: For the first name, last initial, hometown and state of the winners, mail in a self-addressed, first class-stamped envelope to: Hershey Ice Breakers Chew Your Adventure Sweepstakes, PO Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325 by October 23, 2019.
13. SPONSOR: The Hershey Company, 100 Crystal A Drive, Hershey, PA, www.thehersheycompany.com.
14. ADMINISTRATOR: PrizeLogic, LLC, 25200 Telegraph Rd, Southfield, MI 48033.
Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. All rights reserved.
Instagram is a registered trademark of Instagram, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Twitter or Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes shall be directed to Sponsor and not to Twitter or Instagram.