Special Dark Truffles
Made with HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips (Item# 14122)
SERVING SIZE : 6 dozen truffles
- 4 cups (1 lb. 8 oz.) HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips (Item# 14122)
- 1-1/2 cups (12 oz.) whipping cream
- COATING or various coatings such as toasted chopped pecans, coconut, powdered sugar, small candy pieces or cocoa
- 1 cup (4 oz.) HERSHEY'S Cocoa, Natural (Item# 5100), Sifted
- 6 Tbsp. sifted powdered sugar
- Prepare TRUFFLES: Combine HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips and cream in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Prepare COATING: Stir together sifted HERSHEY'S Cocoa and sifted powdered sugar in large bowl; set aside.
- Using #60 scoop, shape truffle mixture into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in COATING or various coatings of your choice. Cover; store in refrigerator.