Golden Brownie Truffle
A delicious chocolate cookie ball coated in melted HERSHEY'S GOLD bars.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 50 Minutes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 bars (1.4 oz. each) HERSHEY'S GOLD Caramelized Creme Bars with Peanuts & Pretzels
- 1. Heat oven to 375° F. Line tray or cookie sheet with wax paper; set aside.
- 2. Beat butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until well blended. Stir together flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Shape dough into 24 equal balls (about 1 inch each). Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 3. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or just until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- 4. Remove wrappers from candy bars; break into pieces. Place pieces in deep microwave-safe bowl (such as 1-cup glass measuring cup). Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until candy is melted and blended when stirred. With fork dip each cookie into melted mixture, covering completely. Tap fork on side of bowl to remove excess coating; place on prepared tray. Allow coating to firm. Place coated bon bon cookies in paper candy cups, if desired. Store cookies in cool, dry place. Makes 24 cookies.