SKILL LEVEL : Beginner PREP TIME : 25 Minutes
This decadent s’mores bread pudding uses whole grain bread, almond milk and pure maple syrup for a unique spin on the classic dessert. Speckled with chunks of HERSHEY’S S’mores Baking Pieces, this 8-ingredient treat will quickly become a favorite.
|4 heaping cups||stale bread, cubed (sourdough, French, brioche or challah)||2 cups||milk or almond milk||3||eggs||1/2 cup||pure maple syrup||1/4 cup||HERSHEY’S Cocoa||1 1/2 teaspoon||vanilla extract||1/4 teaspoon||cinnamon||3/4 cup||HERSHEY’S S'mores Baking Pieces, divided||1/4 teaspoon||salt|
- Grease an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Spread bread cubes in prepared pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl or blender, add milk, eggs, maple syrup, cocoa, vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Blend or mix until smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup Baking Pieces.
- Pour mixture evenly over bread cubes. Use your fingers to press down any bread cubes sticking out so they absorb mixture. Top with remaining 1/4 cup Baking Pieces. Let sit for 15 minutes while you preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour (depending on how dry your bread is) or until the top is browned and center is set, but not too jiggly.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack. Top with ice cream, if desired, and serve warm. Makes 9 servings.
- Baking Tips:
- If the bread isn’t stale, toast it in the oven at 350F for 10-15 minutes. Brioche makes the best bread pudding!
- Try letting the mixture sit overnight and bake the next day for the most custard-like texture.
- For a more decadent bread pudding, use whole milk, a blend of milk and cream, or coconut milk for the liquid in place of almond milk.
- To make this recipe have more of a “custardy” feel, add one to two additional large eggs.
- For Mint Chocolate Bread Pudding, substitute HERSHEY’S Kitchens Mint Chocolate Chips.