String Easter Egg Craft
These eggs are an easy craft that can be made with two simple supplies: glue and colorful yarn or embroidery string. They're perfect for springtime celebrations. Or use them to add a unique, handmade touch to Easter baskets.
- 10 5" balloons
- Embroidery thread or yarn
- 1 bottle of plain white glue
- 1/2 cup water
- Large bowl
- Wax or parchment paper
- CADBURY MINI EGGS Milk Chocolates
- Blow up 10 balloons and tie closed.
- Pour the bottle of glue into the large bowl, and mix with 1/2 cup water to thin.
- Place the string into the glue mixture. Stir around to make sure all the string is coated with glue.
- Wrap pieces of string around each balloon. Mix colors to get the look you want. Leave one slightly larger opening in the string near the knot of the balloon so you can fill the string balloon with candy later.
- Lay the balloons on the waxed paper and let dry overnight.
- Use the scissors or a pin to pop the balloons. Pull the balloon pieces off the string gently.
- Fill the string eggs with KISSES Chocolates or other small treats.
- Add the string eggs to Easter baskets, hang with ribbon, arrange as table decorations or hand out as party favors.