Snowman Soup Cocoa Mix Gift
These sweet and simple jars of hot cocoa mix are perfect small gifts, table decorations or holiday party favors. Each jar contains enough mix for two cups of cocoa. Make a cup for yourself and someone special, and share a moment of holiday togetherness.
For the jars of cocoa mix:
- Download the gift tag template. Print the tags onto cardstock or label paper. Cut out. If using cardstock, punch a hole in the corner of each label. Set aside.
- Wash and dry the jars and lids.
- Combine HERSHEY'S Cocoa, nonfat dry milk powder, sugar, powdered non-dairy creamer and dash of salt in a large bowl. Stir to blend well.
- Place 1/2 cup of the cocoa mix into the bottom of each jar. Add a handful of mini marshmallows and six unwrapped KISSES Chocolates to each jar.
- Seal the jars and attach the labels using ribbon.
For the snowman spoons:
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, then stir. Continue to microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring between intervals, until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip the bowl of each plastic spoon into the melted chocolate, making sure to cover both the front and back of the spoon. Set the spoons on the cookie sheet, facing up.
- To create the snowman's body, gently press three HERSHEY'S Premiere White Baking Chips, points down, in a vertical line on the bowl of the spoon.
- For the snowman's nose, use a small amount of melted chocolate to affix an orange sprinkle to one of the white baking chips. Use more colored sprinkles to create arms, pressing them gently into the chocolate. You can also add hats and scarves.
- Create button and face details by dipping a toothpick into the melted chocolate and drawing on the white creme chips. Repeat until you have created eight snowman spoons.
- Place the decorated spoons on the cookie sheet and chill in the refrigerator until chocolate is set, approximately 30 minutes.
- When the spoons have set, wrap the top of each with plastic wrap. Close the wrap with ribbon or a twist tie. Use ribbon to attach one spoon to each jar.
- Makes 8 jars of snowman soup and 8 snowman spoons.