Mini Easter Egg Pinatas
Make Easter memorable with these adorable (and easy!) miniature egg pinatas. You can also use these cute Easter decorations as placeholders for a classroom party or Easter dinner. Be sure to start at least one day ahead, as the paper mache needs to dry overnight.
- Inflate six balloons, tie closed, and tie a short ribbon to each balloon.
- Combine the flour and water in a bowl. Place half the newspaper pieces in the flour-water mixture until thoroughly soaked.
- Cover each balloon with a layer of soaked newspaper.
- Hang the balloons up from the ribbons until the newspaper layer is dry. While they dry, soak the remaining newspaper pieces.
- Cover each balloon in a second layer of soaked newspaper. Hang the balloons and let them dry overnight.
- Use scissors to poke a hole near each balloon's knot. Deflate and remove the balloon from the pinata.
- Cut the crepe paper into strips. Cut a fringe on the bottom of each crepe paper strip.
- Use the glue to attach the crepe paper strips around each pinata, layering the strips over each other to completely cover the newspaper.
- Once the glue is dry, fill each mini pinata with KISSES Chocolates. Use the opening left by the balloon. Widen slightly with scissors, if needed.
- Use scissors to poke a small hole on each side of the opening.
- Wind a piece of ribbon through the two holes. Pull up both ends of the ribbon and tie to make a loop.