DIY Halloween Door Hanger
Greet trick-or-treaters or party guests with this door decoration. You can turn a foam pumpkin into the perfect candy holder for the season. Hang it anywhere where someone might grab a piece of candy!
SKILL LEVEL : Medium
- Using a serrated knife, cut a foam craft pumpkin in half vertically. Cut behind the “stem,” leaving plenty of room to form your candy dish. You’ll use the half that still has the stem attached.
- Draw the outline of your jack-o-lantern face in pencil. You’ll use the outline to carve the face into the pumpkin.
- Use a utility knife to cut out the face of your jack-o-lantern. Make sure the mouth is big enough to hold all your candy!
- Using the hot glue gun, secure the carved pumpkin to the poster board. Then, glue the poster board to the craft frame.
- Hot glue twine to the back of the frame to create a hanger for your pumpkin. Write a Halloween message on the poster if you’d like.
- Fill the dish with candy and hang it from your door or wall.