Ghost-Busting Halloween Piñata
Grab your broomstick and get ready to bust this homemade ghost piñata! Made of crepe paper and a shopping bag, it's the perfect game for Halloween parties and entertaining the kids leading up to trick-or-treat.
- 1. Using scissors, cut the handles off a white paper grocery bag.
2. Next, cut out a piece of cardboard just large enough to fit inside the bottom of the bag.
3. Put the cardboard flat inside the bottom of the bag.
4. Punch a hole through the center of the cardboard and the bag, just large enough to thread the craft twine through.
5. Take a piece of craft twine around 3 feet in length. Knot one end. Thread the twine through the hole in the cardboard and the bag. The knot should catch against the cardboard.
6. Fill the bag with HERSHEY'S Miniatures Chocolate Bars, JOLLY RANCHER Hard Candy, and HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Chocolates, allowing four to six inches of space at the top of the bag.
7. Close the top of the bag by folding it to one side, then securely taping the flap closed.
8. Turn the bag upside down, with the twine sticking out of the top.
9. Decorate the bag to look like a ghost by gluing lengths of white streamers onto the bag at various points until the bag is completely covered. Streamers should hang about 6 inches below the bottom of the bag.
10. Using construction paper and scissors, cut out circles for the ghost's eyes and mouth. Glue these onto the crepe paper on the face of your ghost. You can even add HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Chocolates for eyes and TWIZZLERS Licorice for a mouth.
11. Hang your ghost pi'ata in an area clear of furniture or other objects.
12. Blindfold players one at a time, and let them take turns beating the pi'ata with a broomstick until it breaks open and releases the candy.