DIY Chocolate Spa
Create a luxurious spa experience in the comfort of your own home. These DIY spa treatments are the perfect idea for Valentine's Day gifts, Mother's Day or a fun girls' night in. Celebrate Galentine's Day with these sweet recipes!
For the chocolate mask:This recipe makes enough for two to three face masks. Make it just before you plan to use it.
1. Add honey to 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil
2. Remove the honey mixture from the water and add the green tea bags. Set aside to steep for 10 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, mix the HERSHEY?S Cocoa and yogurt with a fork until combined.
4. Remove the tea bags from the honey water mixture. Squeeze the bags to get all the liquid before discarding.
5. Add the green tea mixture to the cocoa and yogurt, stirring to combine.
6. Apply the mixture to face, carefully avoiding the eye area. Leave on until dry, then wash off with warm water.
For the mocha sugar scrub:
This recipe makes just under 3 cups of body scrub. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
1. Mix the sugar, cocoa and coffee grounds in a bowl.
2. Drizzle 3/4 cup oil over the cocoa mixture, stirring well to distribute evenly. When pressed, mixture should form small clumps; if needed, add an additional 1/4 cup oil.
3. Spoon the body scrub into a jar with a tight-fitting lid. To package for gift-giving, divide the scrub between 5 small (4-ounce) jars.
4. To use the mocha sugar scrub, first wet the skin in the shower or bath. Put a small amount in your palm and rub gently over areas that need exfoliation. Rinse well.
For the cocoa bath soak:
1. This recipe makes just under 3 cups of soothing cocoa bath soak. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
2. Put the oats in a food processor and grind to a fine powder.
3. In a large bowl, combine the ground oats with the sea salt, cornstarch, baking soda and HERSHEY?S Cocoa. Mix well.
4. Spoon the bath soak into a jar with a tight-fitting lid, or divide the soak between smaller jars for gift-giving.
5. To use the soothing cocoa bath soak, add 1/2 cup to warm or hot water. Swirl to distribute through the bath. Soak for 20 to 30 minutes.