Chocolate Monster Pops
Bring your own Frankenstein to life! These Halloween lollipops make spooktacular party favors. Assemble the suckers ahead of time, or supply the ingredients and let guests get creative!
SKILL LEVEL : EASY
- Place coconut flakes in a plastic bag with 10 drops of green food coloring. Shake until covered, then set aside.
- Unwrap 20 KISSES Chocolates and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring with a rubber spatula until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unwrap a full-size HERSHEY'S Bar and carefully break in half. Place one half on the parchment paper. Dip the top inch of a lollipop stick in the melted chocolate and lay it on top of the chocolate bar half so that 1/3 of the stick is on the chocolate bar and the rest of the stick is hanging off.
- Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of the melted chocolate on top of the lollipop stick and spread over the chocolate bar. Be careful not to spread it to the edges. Place the other half of the chocolate bar on top of the melted chocolate so that it is flush with the bar on the bottom. Repeat the process with the other two chocolate bars for a total of three pops. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer. Holding the lollipop stick, dip the top of the chocolate bar in melted chocolate, then in the green shredded coconut. Lay the coconut-topped sucker back on the parchment sheet. Repeat with other two bars.
- Dip the candy eyes in melted chocolate and place on bars.
- Place the piping tips in the piping bags and fill with colored frosting. Use frosting to pipe mouths, noses and stitches on the monsters? faces.
- Pull the plumes out of the remaining 6 KISSES Chocolates, but leave the wrappers on. Dip the tips in the melted chocolate. Press one chocolate-dipped KISSES Chocolate into each side of the monster suckers. Freeze for another 5 minutes or let sit at room temperature until chocolate is firm.