Chocolate-Covered Snowman Spoons
It’s the perfect time of year to build a snowman. And even if there isn’t snow on the ground outside, you can still make these snowman spoons to stir your coffee or cocoa!
SKILL LEVEL : Medium
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 8 spoons
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S White Creme Baking Chips
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, then stir. Continue to microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring between intervals, until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip the bowl of each plastic spoon into the melted chocolate, making sure to cover both the front and back of the spoon. Set the spoons on the cookie sheet, facing up.
- To create the snowman's body, gently press three HERSHEY'S Premiere White Baking Chips, points down, in a vertical line on the bowl of the spoon.
- For the snowman's nose, use a small amount of melted chocolate to affix an orange sprinkle to one of the white baking chips. Use more colored sprinkles to create arms, pressing them gently into the chocolate. You can also add hats and scarves.
- Create button and face details by dipping a toothpick into the melted chocolate and drawing on the white creme chips. Repeat until you have created eight snowman spoons.
- Place the decorated spoons on the cookie sheet and chill in the refrigerator until chocolate is set, approximately 30 minutes.
- When the spoons have set, enjoy!
Snowman Soup, Anyone?
Turn your spoons into this fun holiday party favor.
- Combine 1/2 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa, 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup powdered non-dairy creamer and dash of salt in a large bowl. Stir to blend well.
- Place 1/2 cup of the cocoa mix into the bottom of each jar (recipe will fill six 8 ounce jars). Add a handful of mini marshmallows and six unwrapped KISSES Chocolates to each jar.
- Wrap the top of each with plastic wrap. Close the wrap with ribbon or a twist tie. Use ribbon to attach one spoon to each jar.