Mix MOUNDS Miniatures into these delicious macaroons for an easy addition to a dessert that's rich, flaky and perfectly sweet.
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 4-1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes divided
- 24 (one 11-oz. pkg.) MOUNDS Miniatures (one 11-oz. pkg.)
- 2/3 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 can Sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.) (not evaporated milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 teaspoons Shortening do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- 1. Heat oven to 300°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or generously grease. Remove wrappers from candy bars; chop and set aside. Place 2 cups coconut in deep, medium bowl; set aside.
- 2. Stir together remaining 2-1/2 cups coconut, flour and salt in large bowl. Stir in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, stirring until well blended. Fold in candy pieces. Drop slightly heaping teaspoons mixture into bowl of coconut. Roll in coconut until well coated. Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- 3. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until bottoms begin to brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- 4. Line tray with wax paper. Place chocolate chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- 5. Dip bottom of each cookie into melted dark chocolate chips. Shake gently and scrape cookie bottom on edge of bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place on prepared tray. Drizzle cookie tops with remaining melted chocolate. Allow chocolate to firm. Store in airtight container at room temperature. Makes 36 cookies.