A successful fundraising program is easy when you follow these helpful HERSHEY'S candy fundraising tips. If you've never planned a fundraiser or if you need to improve your next fundraiser, use the following information to plan a profitable and rewarding fundraising program that starts by first asking for HERSHEY'S!
Establish a Fundraising Goal
- Determine what the group's expenses will be for all programs.
- Determine how much money the group will need to raise by subtracting expenses from amount of money in group's treasury.
- Increase goal based on number of sellers, passion/response for programs, time period.
Name a Chairman or Captain. Consider Someone Who:
- Is reliable.
- Has the time available to see the program through to completion.
- Has good organizational, motivational and communication skills.
- Has an amiable personality.
Organize a Fundraising Committee
- Select one adult per ten children.
- Maintain a list of members and their phone numbers.
- Assign one person to be responsible for collecting the money.
- IMPORTANT: Review Safety Tips with all sellers.
Decide What HERSHEY'S Products, When and How to Sell Them
- Choose the HERSHEY'S Products you want to sell. View the products page for choices.
- Select a start and end date for your fundraising event (candy sales typically last two weeks).
- Avoid holding your fundraising event during a holiday.
- Choose a HERSHEY'S distributor and ask for the HERSHEY'S product you want to sell.
- Remember HERSHEY’S assortment candy carriers convert to counter displays for offices and businesses. View the incentives page for more information.
Promote Your Fundraising Event
- Print out a promotional sign to display with your HERSHEY'S candy carrier.
- Distribute printed flyers around the neighborhood, at grocery stores and malls.
- Solicit free radio or TV advertising.
- Print an ad in the community newspaper.
- Discuss the fundraiser at school meetings such as PTA or Band Boosters.
Collect the Money
- Determine a deadline to have all the money given to the assigned money collector.
- Celebrate a successful sale! Recognize all and award special prizes to the top sellers.
- Mail in your coupon with invoice to claim a FREE 5 lb. HERSHEY's milk chocolate bar.
- 1 Free 5-lb bar for every 6 cases or 24 assortment carriers purchased of NEW $2 Assortment.
- 1 FREE 5-lb bar for every 8 cases or 32 assortment carriers purchased of MAX & Chocolatetown Assortment.