Establish a fundraising goal
- Determine what the group's expenses will be for all programs.
- Determine how much money the group will need to raise by subtracting expenses from the money in your group's treasury.
- Increase your goal based on the number of sellers, passion/response for programs, and time period.
Name a chairman or captain – someone who...
- is reliable.
- has the time available to see the program through to completion.
- has good organizational, motivational and communication skills.
- has an amiable personality.
Organize a fundraising committee
- Select one adult per ten children.
- Maintain a list of members and their phone numbers.
- Assign one person to collect money.
- **Review Safety Tips with all sellers.**
Decide which products to sell
- View the products page for choices.
- Choose a HERSHEY'S distributor and place a request for your HERSHEY'S products.
Decide when and how to sell
- Select a start and end date for your fundraiser (events typically last two weeks).
- Avoid holding your fundraising event during a holiday.
- Remember—HERSHEY’S assortment candy carriers convert to counter displays for offices and businesses. View the incentives page for more information.
Promote your fundraising event
- Print out a promotional sign to display with your candy carrier.
- Distribute printed flyers around the neighborhood, at work, at grocery stores and malls.
- Solicit free radio or TV advertising.
- Post ads and messages on social media and share with friends.
- Print an ad in the community newspaper
Collect the money
- Determine a deadline to have all the money given to the assigned money collector.
- Celebrate a successful sale! Recognize everyone, and award special prizes to the top sellers.
- Mail in your coupon and invoice to claim your FREE 5 lb. HERSHEY's Milk Chocolate Bars.